Year 2 – View & Read Some Project Highlights
As the REVEAL project year three is now in full swing, it is time to show some of the highlights of the second project year and beyond. We have been very busy with a lot of progress coming from technical partners as well as user partners. This post is a summary of some of the highlights of our recent work.
First things first, here you can meet some of the people behind the REVEAL project and see and listen to what they have been working on.
On the one hand, technical partners have focused on several issues regarding social media verification for the journalism as well as the enterprise application. A few of the issues that have been covered include (but this is by no means exhaustive):
- Text analysis which aims to help analysing text by extracting named entities and seeing the relations between them;
- Trust modelling and visualization of information;
- Modelling contributors and detecting communities in social networks that comprise users as well as content;
- Issues evolving around topic-related influencers in communities as well as event recognition
Furthermore, REVEAL partners have focused on multimedia forensics and detecting misleading content based on a supervised learning approach.
The project’s legal experts have analysed and evaluated how legal issues apply to the REVEAL platform, its operations and what this implies. This is of particular value when it comes to compliance with rules and regulations, now and in the future.
Throughout the second project year, the project team, driven by Deutsche Welle, continued to cover the latest updates in and by the verification community, including new verification platforms and processes. The consortium and individual partners reported about research results and findings, including articles such as
- Geoparse Benchmark Open Dataset,
- The Deutsche Welle Image Forensics Dataset, and
- Semi-Automated Extraction of Attributed Verification and Debunking Reports from Social Media
Obviously, we also covered the numerous events we attended and at which we presented, among them
to name but a few.
We will continue to update our publication section of the website for you to check out. If you would like to meet up or get in touch, we’d love to hear from you – be it at events we visit, via the website, our Twitter channel, mail or direct message.
Now, we are looking forward to intensifying the work on the completion of the REVEAL verification platform and its components. Surely, a busy and exciting final project phase lies ahead until project completion in October 2016.